Reach out to thomas [at] gocleary.com to apply
Cleary is the Employee Experience platform powering tomorrow’s best places to work by helping them optimize employee journeys starting with onboarding. We automate manual workflows for People teams and provide a central hub for employees to find company resources. Customers include companies such as Flexport, Doordash, Shippo, and Scale.
Cleary is proud to be backed by top tier VCs Crosslink and Quiet Capital, as well as some prominent angel investors including Dick Costolo (Former CEO, Twitter), Adam Bain (Former COO,Twitter), Ryan Petersen (CEO, Flexport), George Hu (Former COO, Salesforce & Twilio), and Gokul Rajaram (Product Exec, Square, DoorDash). We’re a remote-first company with a small team across 4 different time zones and 4 countries.
Thomas Kunjappu, Co-founder / CEO
Thomas has over a decade of experience in building products and bringing them to market and has more recently worked at companies like Twitter and Medallia. Thomas graduated from Williams College with a degree in economics.
Ryan O’Donnell, Co-founder / CTO
Ryan leads the engineering team and previously founded Peer with the COO of Salesforce; acquired by Twitter in 2016. He has over a decade of experience working at tech companies of all sizes, including both Twitter and Concur, 2 of the most successful consumer and enterprise SaaS companies in the world. Ryan has a degree in Biomedical Engineering and Computer Science from Cornell University.
Lauren Wagner, Senior Product Manager
Lauren leads product development at Cleary while bringing new customers onto the platform. Prior to Cleary, she brought products to market at CoverWallet, a commercial insurance startup. Lauren has degrees in Biochemistry and Medical Geography from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Justin Ahn, Head of Partnerships
Justin has over a decade of experience working in sales and leadership roles in SaaS, the vast majority of which has been at HR tech companies including Zenefits and Envoy. Prior to joining Cleary, Justin was a sales leader at Codility and helped them scale to over $20M ARR and become the leader in their space. Justin has a degree in Dramatic Arts from the University of California, Santa Barbara.
Cleary is looking for a data-driven problem solver with the ability and desire to act as a “swiss-army knife” and stretch across various cross-functional projects depending on the company’s needs. We are looking for someone who has a strong sense of ownership and is excited by the idea of acting both strategically (to enable us to make the right decisions to scale our business) and operationally (to execute on those decisions and get things done each week).
Your background likely includes some combination of management consulting, business operations, and/or strategy that leaves you hungry for a role that covers a broad scope of responsibility and provides an opportunity to drive an outsized impact in a high-growth startup environment.
As our first Business Operations hire, you will work directly with our CEO and have an opportunity to both work on high-impact projects to help the company scale while also defining the future of the Business Operations function at Cleary more broadly.
Examples of what you’ll work on (among other projects):
- Company operations: own finance, accounting, and corporate operations as well as regular cadence company-wide planning workflows
- Revenue operations: build out systems and processes to help us keep track of our sales funnel as well as the attribution of our marketing leads
- Strategy: form a deep understanding of our competitive landscape, customer segments, user and buyer personas to formulate hypotheses and propose strategic recommendations for our product, go-to-market, services or operational approach
- Ad hoc projects: lean into cross-functional projects on an as-needed basis (e.g. driving marketing campaigns, own fundraising metrics and materials)
- Pitch in across teams within Cleary as needed. No job is too small! (e.g. lean into efforts to delight our customers and employees)
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- 2+ years of progressive work experience in management consulting, business operations, corporate strategy, or similar functions
- Experience cultivating broad business acumen and the ability to synthesize large amounts of information quickly and get to the point
- Strong data fluency, experience with product and data analytics tools (Amplitude, Mixpanel, spreadsheets, etc.) as well as marketing analytics tools (Hubspot)
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Strong customer-facing and presentation skills.
- Experience with project management and executive stakeholder management.
- Positive attitude, empathy, and high energy.
- Self-starter with the desire to wear many hats and take initiative in a fast-paced startup environment.