Cleary is the Employee Experience platform powering tomorrow’s best places to work by helping them optimize employee journeys starting with onboarding. We automate manual workflows for People teams and provide a central hub for employees to find company resources. Customers include companies such as Flexport, Doordash, Dandy, and Scale.
Cleary is proud to be backed by top tier VCs Moonshots, Crosslink and Quiet Capital, as well as some prominent angel investors including Dick Costolo (Former CEO, Twitter), Adam Bain (Former COO,Twitter), Ryan Petersen (CEO, Flexport), George Hu (Former COO, Salesforce & Twilio), and Gokul Rajaram (Product Exec, Square, DoorDash). We’re a remote-first company with a small team across 4 different time zones and 4 countries.
Thomas Kunjappu, Co-founder / CEO
Thomas has over a decade of experience in building products and bringing them to market and has more recently worked at companies like Twitter and Medallia. Thomas graduated from Williams College with a degree in economics.
Ryan O’Donnell, Co-founder / CTO
Ryan leads the engineering team and previously founded Peer with the COO of Salesforce; acquired by Twitter in 2016. He has over a decade of experience working at tech companies of all sizes, including both Twitter and Concur, 2 of the most successful consumer and enterprise SaaS companies in the world. Ryan has a degree in Biomedical Engineering and Computer Science from Cornell University.
Lauren Wagner, Senior Product Manager
Lauren leads product development at Cleary while bringing new customers onto the platform. Prior to Cleary, she brought products to market at CoverWallet, a commercial insurance startup. Lauren has degrees in Biochemistry and Medical Geography from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
We’re looking for a talented Full-Stack Engineer to round out our early team. You understand the difference between solving hard computer science problems and writing highly maintainable code in a team setting, and are able to balance both of those with the trade-offs that come with the ability to move quickly and make a significant impact in an early stage startup.
You’ll get to work directly with our experienced entrepreneurial team. In this role you will wear multiple hats, reporting directly to the CTO, and will have an opportunity to take on a leadership position (if desired) as we scale.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and architect new systems, focusing on performance and scalability, while crafting a great UX.
- Work at all levels of the stack, from AWS/Rails/SQL to React/HTML/CSS.
- Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core features, end to end.
- Collaborate with everyone in the company in a cross-functional setting, including the CEO and our Product Manager as we get ready to grow and scale.
Who You Are:
- A software engineering generalist with Ruby on Rails experience who cares deeply about user-centric product development.
- Have a deep knowledge of web technologies and web application architecture.
- Take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- Have strong product and design sensibilities, and enjoy perfecting the details that matter.
- You don’t stop writing code when it works, but instead ask yourself what you can do to make it better and more readable.
- 5+ years overall software engineering experience in full-stack web development
- 2+ years with React
- 2+ years experience working with a web development framework (Rails, Django, Laravel, Play, MVC.net, etc)
- An eye for design + strong product sense
- Demonstrated ability to break down large projects into smaller pieces that add value incrementally, and make tradeoff decisions about effort vs scope.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails
- DevOps experience with AWS.
- Experience working in a startup.