Our platform powers a personalized and holistic Employee Experience from pre-boarding to your final day with the company. The founders were inspired by the internal tools they’d built and employees used every day internally at Twitter, where they met after one of their previous startups was acquired in 2016. We’re obsessed with figuring out how organizations can design a world-class Employee Experience and scale their culture through hypergrowth and beyond. We’re seeing great early traction – our customers are some of the most successful companies in Silicon Valley, including DoorDash, Square, Flexport, Scale, LendingHome, and many more!
We’re a remote-first company with a small team of 9 across 4 different time zones and 4 countries.
We bootstrapped the company for the first 18 months and have since raised a seed round of funding from Venture Capital firms and top tier angel investors including
- Dick Costolo (Former CEO, Twitter)
- Adam Bain (Former COO, Twitter)
- George Hu (COO, Twilio)
- Ryan Petersen (CEO/Founder, Flexport)
- Emmett Nicholas (CTO/Co-Founder, Airtable)
- Frederique Dame (Google Ventures)
- David Schellhase (General Counsel, Slack)
- Gokul Rajaram (DoorDash, Board @Coinbase/Pinterest)
- Lee Linden (Quiet Capital, Founder of TapJoy and Karma)
- Andrew Miklas (Former CTO/Co-Founder, PagerDuty)
- And many more…
Thomas Kunjappu, Co-founder / CEO
Thomas has over a decade of experience in building products and bringing them to market and has more recently worked at companies like Twitter and Medallia. Thomas graduated from Williams College with a degree in economics.
Ryan O’Donnell, Co-founder / CTO
Ryan leads the engineering team and previously founded Peer with the COO of Salesforce; acquired by Twitter in 2016. He has over a decade of experience working at tech companies of all sizes, including both Twitter and Concur, 2 of the most successful consumer and enterprise SaaS companies in the world. Ryan has a degree in Biomedical Engineering and Computer Science from Cornell University.
Lauren Wagner, Product Manager
Lauren leads product development at Cleary while bringing new customers onto the platform. Prior to Cleary, she brought products to market at CoverWallet, a commercial insurance startup. Lauren has degrees in Biochemistry and Geography from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
We’re looking for a talented Full-Stack Engineer to round out our early team. You understand the difference between solving hard computer science problems and writing highly maintainable code in a team setting, and are able to balance both of those with the trade-offs that come with the ability to move quickly and make a significant impact in an early stage startup.
You’ll get to work directly with our experienced entrepreneurial team. In this role you will wear multiple hats, reporting directly to the CTO, and will have an opportunity to take on a leadership position (if desired) as we scale.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and architect new systems, focusing on performance and scalability, while crafting a great UX.
- Work at all levels of the stack, from AWS/Rails/SQL to React/HTML/CSS.
- Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core features, end to end.
- Collaborate with everyone in the company in a cross-functional setting, including the CEO and our Product Manager as we get ready to grow and scale.
Who You Are:
- A software engineering generalist with Ruby on Rails experience who cares deeply about user-centric product development.
- Have a deep knowledge of web technologies and web application architecture.
- Take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- Have strong product and design sensibilities, and enjoy perfecting the details that matter.
- You don’t stop writing code when it works, but instead ask yourself what you can do to make it better and more readable.
- 5+ years overall software engineering experience in full-stack web development
- 2+ years with React
- 2+ years experience working with a web development framework (Rails, Django, Laravel, Play, MVC.net, etc)
- An eye for design + strong product sense
- Demonstrated ability to break down large projects into smaller pieces that add value incrementally, and make tradeoff decisions about effort vs scope.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails
- DevOps experience with AWS.
- Experience working in a startup.