Cleary is the Employee Experience platform powering tomorrow’s best places to work by helping them optimize employee journeys starting with onboarding. We automate manual workflows for People teams and provide a central hub for employees to find company resources. Customers include companies such as Flexport, Doordash, Shippo, and Scale.
Cleary is proud to be backed by top tier VCs Crosslink and Quiet Capital, as well as some prominent angel investors including Dick Costolo, Adam Bain, Ryan Petersen, George Hu, and Gokul Rajaram. We’re a remote-first company with a small team across 4 different time zones and 4 countries.
Thomas Kunjappu, Co-founder / CEO
Thomas has over a decade of experience in building products and bringing them to market and has more recently worked at companies like Twitter and Medallia. Thomas graduated from Williams College with a degree in economics.
Ryan O’Donnell, Co-founder / CTO
Ryan leads the engineering team and previously founded Peer with the COO of Salesforce; acquired by Twitter in 2016. He has over a decade of experience working at tech companies of all sizes, including both Twitter and Concur, 2 of the most successful consumer and enterprise SaaS companies in the world. Ryan has a degree in Biomedical Engineering and Computer Science from Cornell University.
Lauren Wagner, Senior Product Manager
Lauren leads product development at Cleary while bringing new customers onto the platform. Prior to Cleary, she brought products to market at CoverWallet, a commercial insurance startup. Lauren has degrees in Biochemistry and Medical Geography from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Justin Ahn, Head of Partnerships
Justin has over a decade of experience working in sales and leadership roles in SaaS, the vast majority of which has been at HR tech companies including Zenefits and Envoy. Prior to joining Cleary, Justin was a sales leader at Codility and helped them scale to over $20M ARR and become the leader in their space. Justin has a degree in Dramatic Arts from the University of California, Santa Barbara.
Come blaze a new path as our first dedicated Sales Development Representative with a focus on outbound! You’ll get to work directly with our experienced entrepreneurial team with years of experience building and going to market with B2B SaaS products. As the first Sales Development Representative, you have the opportunity to prospect into accounts without traditional limitations around rules of engagement. All greenfield accounts are in play as you help generate new opportunities and fuel the sales pipeline. Getting in on the ground floor, you will have a significant impact and influence with the GTM outbound strategy.
What you will be doing:
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel the sales pipeline
- Help create and prioritize strategic target account lists
- Research and build new and existing accounts (i.e.: adding contacts, emails, strategic calling)
- Connect strategically with Senior Executives in prospect accounts and conduct discovery calls
- Evangelize Cleary through your outbound efforts via multiple channels
- Efficiently respond and qualify inbound marketing leads
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified sales accepted opportunities
What makes you a great fit for our team:
- Have a sales background or 6-12 months of SDR experience
- Proven track record of hitting and exceeding quota
- A go-getter and thrive when prospecting for new opportunities, whether that’s through email, cold calling, LinkedIn
- Experience using CRM and sales tools like HubSpot, Reply.io, LISN, etc.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills including responding to inquiries both on the phone and via email, with a positive attitude, empathy and high energy.
- Shown excellent time management skills and the ability to work in an efficient manner
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment is highly desirable
- Experience prospecting into mid-market or enterprise accounts is a plus