Cleary is the Employee Experience platform powering tomorrow’s best places to work by helping them optimize employee journeys starting with onboarding. We automate manual workflows for People teams and provide a central hub for employees to find company resources. Customers include companies such as Flexport, Doordash, Shippo, and Scale. Cleary is proud to be backed by top tier VCs Crosslink and Quiet Capital, as well as some prominent angel investors including Dick Costolo (Former CEO, Twitter), Adam Bain (Former COO,Twitter), Ryan Petersen (CEO, Flexport), George Hu (Former COO, Salesforce & Twilio), and Gokul Rajaram (Product Exec, DoorDash).
We’re a remote-first company with a small team of 9 across 4 different time zones and 4 countries.
Thomas Kunjappu, Co-founder / CEO
Thomas has over a decade of experience in building products and bringing them to market and has more recently worked at companies like Twitter and Medallia. Thomas graduated from Williams College with a degree in economics.
Ryan O’Donnell, Co-founder / CTO
Ryan leads the engineering team and previously founded Peer with the COO of Salesforce; acquired by Twitter in 2016. He has over a decade of experience working at tech companies of all sizes, including both Twitter and Concur, 2 of the most successful consumer and enterprise SaaS companies in the world. Ryan has a degree in Biomedical Engineering and Computer Science from Cornell University.
Lauren Wagner, Senior Product Manager
Lauren leads product development at Cleary while bringing new customers onto the platform. Prior to Cleary, she brought products to market at CoverWallet, a commercial insurance startup. Lauren has degrees in Biochemistry and Geography from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
At Cleary, we work with our customers closely to build a product that customers love. This ethos comes from our founding team and is mission critical to the success of the company. We are excited to bring on the right person to be our first Product Designer.
As a Product Designer, you’ll lead the user experience, visual, and interaction design of the entire platform. You will have significant ownership over our product direction as you collaborate with the Product team. We’re looking for someone with strong craftsmanship across the entire product development lifecycle and genuine customer empathy, who can think broadly about challenges in a remote workplace while digging into the details of interaction design.
Our team is extremely cross-functional: You’ll work closely with the Product team to understand customer pain points and brainstorm solutions, collaborate with engineers on trade-offs of solutions, and pitch-in on marketing efforts. You will have the opportunity to shape the Design function and company and take on a leadership role in the future.
What You’ll Do:
- Spearhead and oversee design across multiple products from inception to completion.
- Deliver UX workflows, detailed interaction patterns, high-fidelity visual designs, and prototypes.
- Develop in-product messaging.
- Employ effective systems thinking and work to create unified, cohesive experiences across our product suite.
- Deeply understand and empathize with our customer personas at current and potential customers. Break down workflows and pain points in detail.
- Rapidly prototype ideas to quickly assess viability.
- Collaborate with Engineering to understand constraints and trade-offs, lead the design-to-developer handoff, and QA implementation of designs.
- Be a thought partner to Product. Work closely together to define requirements, product vision, and brainstorm creative solutions.
- Effectively present and communicate your work to align team members around your vision.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of professional work experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team.
- Experience designing complex products that customers love, preferably in B2B SaaS.
- Demonstrated passion about designing for the future of work.
- Experience owning the end-to-end design for a product. You have shipped entire products or significant features and can articulate their impact quantitatively and qualitatively.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing strong craftsmanship in user experience, interaction, and visual/user interface design.
- Ability to translate complex requirements into effective, intuitive solutions for our customers.
- Ability to convey ideas quickly and effectively through different mediums such as sketches, storyboarding, or prototyping.
- You effortlessly empathize with users and view their problems as your own. You obsess over solving user pain points and delivering “aha” moments.
- The ability to proactively create ideas that contribute to the company roadmap or strategy.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working at a rapidly scaling venture backed startup.