Reach out to Lauren [at] gocleary.com to apply
Cleary is the Employee Experience platform powering tomorrow’s best places to work by helping them optimize employee journeys starting with onboarding. We automate manual workflows for People teams and provide a central hub for employees to find company resources. Customers include companies such as Flexport, Doordash, Shippo, and Scale.
Cleary is proud to be backed by top tier VCs Crosslink and Quiet Capital, as well as some prominent angel investors including Dick Costolo, Adam Bain, Ryan Petersen, George Hu, and Gokul Rajaram. We’re a remote-first company with a small team across 4 different time zones and 4 countries.
Thomas Kunjappu, Co-founder / CEO
Thomas has over a decade of experience in building products and bringing them to market and has more recently worked at companies like Twitter and Medallia. Thomas graduated from Williams College with a degree in economics.
Ryan O’Donnell, Co-founder / CTO
Ryan leads the engineering team and previously founded Peer with the COO of Salesforce; acquired by Twitter in 2016. He has over a decade of experience working at tech companies of all sizes, including both Twitter and Concur, 2 of the most successful consumer and enterprise SaaS companies in the world. Ryan has a degree in Biomedical Engineering and Computer Science from Cornell University.
Lauren Wagner, Senior Product Manager
Lauren leads product development at Cleary while bringing new customers onto the platform. Prior to Cleary, she brought products to market at CoverWallet, a commercial insurance startup. Lauren has degrees in Biochemistry and Geography from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
At Cleary, we work with our customers closely and pride ourselves on fostering deep relationships with them. This ethos comes from our founding and early team and is mission critical to the success of the company. We are excited to bring on the right person to be our very first dedicated customer success manager.
As a Customer Success Manager, you’ll lead new customer implementations, ensure successful onboarding and activation, and manage the ongoing relationship. Your days will be a mix of data analysis, identifying new usage opportunities, working with customers to solve problems, conducting quarterly business reviews, and helping with product launch announcements to drive engagement. You will learn every nook and cranny of the platform inside and out, along with cutting-edge thinking for modern organizations about people operations, internal communications, and employee experience. You will also be the first point of contact for triaging support questions, working with the Engineering team to communicate with the customer.
Our team is extremely cross-functional: You’ll work closely with the Product team and inform the roadmap with your synthesis of customer insights, collaborate with engineers on support, and pitch-in on growth efforts. As the foundation for our customer success efforts, you will have the opportunity to shape the function and company and take on a leadership role in the future.
What You’ll Do:
- Form a deep understanding of our industry, customer segments, user and buyer personas, and user workflows.
- Learn our product inside and out to improve customer usage and workflows.
- Establish our playbooks, content, and toolkits for customer implementations, management, measuring success, and more.
- Lead new customer implementations and manage the ongoing customer relationship. Be responsible for customer satisfaction metrics.
- Build deep relationships with our customers. Align on their goals, priorities, pain points, and biggest needs.
- Conduct business reviews to ensure ongoing engagement and success.
- Be an advocate for your customers. Synthesize their needs and persuasively advocate for them to the product roadmap.
- Pitch in across teams within Cleary as needed. No job is too small!
- 3+ years experience in Customer Success roles, preferably in B2B SaaS. Alternatively, 3+ years in management consulting.
- CSM experience working at a startup.
- Passion for helping customers and an empathetic nature.
- Interest in cross-functional collaboration, particularly with Product teams.
- Strong data fluency, experience with product and data analytics tools (Amplitude, Mixpanel, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Strong customer-facing and presentation skills.
- Experience with project management and executive stakeholder management.
- Positive attitude, empathy, and high energy.
- Self-starter with the desire to wear many hats and take initiative in a fast-paced startup environment.
Nice to Have:
- Experience leading the Customer Success function at a startup.
- Experience managing renewals and upsells.
- Experience working with stakeholders in HR, Internal Comms, People Operations.