Our platform powers a personalized and holistic Employee Experience from pre-boarding to your final day with the company. The founders were inspired by the internal tools they’d built and employees used every day internally at Twitter, where they met after one of their previous startups was acquired in 2016. We’re obsessed with figuring out how organizations can design a world-class Employee Experience and scale their culture through hypergrowth and beyond. We’re seeing great early traction – our customers are some of the most successful companies in Silicon Valley, including DoorDash, Square, Flexport, Scale.ai, LendingHome, and many more!
We’re a remote-first company with a small team of 8 across 4 different time zones and 4 countries.
We bootstrapped the company for the first 18 months and have since raised a seed round of funding from Venture Capital firms and top tier angel investors including
- Dick Costolo (Former CEO, Twitter)
- Adam Bain (Former COO, Twitter)
- George Hu (COO, Twilio)
- Ryan Petersen (CEO/Founder, Flexport)
- Emmett Nicholas (CTO/Co-Founder, Airtable)
- Frederique Dame (Google Ventures)
- David Schellhase (General Counsel, Slack)
- Gokul Rajaram (DoorDash, Board @Coinbase/Pinterest)
- Lee Linden (Quiet Capital, Founder of TapJoy and Karma)
- Andrew Miklas (Former CTO/Co-Founder, PagerDuty)
- And many more…
Thomas Kunjappu, Co-founder / CEO
Thomas has over a decade of experience in building products and bringing them to market and has more recently worked at companies like Twitter and Medallia. Thomas graduated from Williams College with a degree in economics.
Ryan O’Donnell, Co-founder / CTO
Ryan leads the engineering team and previously founded Peer with the COO of Salesforce; acquired by Twitter in 2016. He has over a decade of experience working at tech companies of all sizes, including both Twitter and Concur, 2 of the most successful consumer and enterprise SaaS companies in the world. Ryan has a degree in Biomedical Engineering and Computer Science from Cornell University.
Jenna Quindica, Lead Engineer
Jenna is our jill-of-all-trades eng lead handling everything from shiny new features to deep infrastructure projects. Prior to Cleary, Jenna worked on the internal community platform at First Round Capital, and has been an early engineer at four startups before that. Jenna studied Computer Science at Cornell University.
Lauren Wagner, Product Manager
Lauren leads product development at Cleary while bringing new customers onto the platform. Prior to Cleary, she brought products to market at CoverWallet, a commercial insurance startup. Lauren has degrees in Biochemistry and Geography from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
We’re looking for our very first marketing hire to round out our early team. You will have an opportunity to define the way we speak to the market as the world adjusts to remote and hybrid work. The ceiling is wide-open for you to partner closely with our customers and help them power their employee experience and internal communications. You’re a resourceful relationship builder, able to communicate the value and not just the features of our platform, and data-driven. You will help our customers succeed whether that means offering guidance on our platform, observations and examples based on the latest market trends, or technical assistance. You’ll get to work directly with our experienced entrepreneurial team, which includes three second-time founders with two prior exits. Ideal candidates are data-driven and resourceful relationship builders who In this role you will wear multiple hats, reporting directly to the CEO, and will have an opportunity to take on a leadership position as we scale.
What You’ll Do:
- Own all of Cleary’s marketing strategy and execution to help us achieve our growth goals. This includes demand generation across all channels, product marketing, and more.
- Create and scale repeatable growth processes to generate predictable revenue.
- Coordinate with sales efforts to boost brand awareness and drive growth.
- Coordinate internally and with customers to craft events, community, and customer marketing initiatives.
- Establish the fundamental marketing practices we need to succeed as we scale.
Apply if some of this describes you:
- 3+ years experience as a senior marketing team member at a tech-forward, B2B company (Ideally SaaS).
- Experience operating in a fast-paced environment owning multiple work streams with a strong bias for action.
- Demonstrated ability to use data and analysis to make critical decisions.
- Strength with inbound demand generation and performance marketing.
- Feel for branding and ability to create remarkable content to help establish our brand.
- Empathetic attitude with stakeholders internal and external.
- Resourcefulness to work in an early stage startup.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Experience building processes and systems to help teams scale.
- 3+ years experience as a senior marketing team member at a tech-forward, B2B company
- Experience owning and meeting demand-generation targets.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in a startup.
- Experience in marketing mid-market/Enterprise SaaS